Are you singing the Aladdin song in your head too? I had to title this post “A Whole New World,” because my life has dramatically changed since my last post in January. Here are some of the recent updates…
1. I got married March 19th, 2011 to my bestfriend & greatest love! I am now Mrs. Geister!
2. I interviewed with a private, Christian school here in OKC called Crossings, and GOT THE JOB as the Prek-5th grade art teacher for the upcoming school year!!! I am so excited for the opportunity to teach THE WORD via art everyday to little ones, and acquire more spiritual/artistic knowledge.
3. My sister and many of my friends are having babies this year! Whoa! I’ll be an auntie in October, and helping close friends with their babes here in OKC!
4. Along the lines of babies…I’m painting an entire Newborn’s Nursery at a church in Norman this summer! The theme is ocean/beach, so I’m painting cartoon-like sea creatures, along with verses about the ocean on the walls. Fun stuff!
5. It is summer… which means, FREEEEDOM to choose how I use my time! What a miracle that is! Every teacher knows the blessing of summers off! God has given me great time with my husband, family, & friends already. I have also had time to do extra artsy things (like the nursery mural), playing outside, dog-sitting, reading, & planning/preparing for the upcoming school year! The best part of summer is getting to leave for our HONEYMOON in less than 2 weeks!! We will be in Hawaii (Maui/Kauai) for a week, followed by spending time with my other sister in Vail for a few days- hiking, etc. So excited!
I will try to keep posting… but I might be changing to an entirely new blog site that allows me to feature other aspects of life than just teaching… update to come! God bless!